I had amazing vegan lasagna last night. This is the best lasagna ever I have had in the world. Very filling. Hearty. Comfort food. Warmth. It definitely hits the spot. It brings you back to being 5 years old having Mom's homemade lasagna. Moms always make best food! Kale chips were included in my vegan lasagna. I came up with Kale Chip Ricotta. All you need is fresh lemon juice to add to kale chips. You need Kale Chip Ricotta in advance-- overnight. It compliments my vegan lasagna well. I did not even need store-bought vegan cheese for this lasagna. It is up to you. You even would not miss dairy products, eggs, or meat. And this vegan lasagna recipe would be perfect for Valentine's Day!
Ingredients for Kale Chip Ricotta (raw)
- 1 fresh lemon, squeezed to juice
- 6oz crumbs from kale chips (Sea Salt & Vinegar)
1. Mix lemon juice and kale chips well. Add water if needed.
2. Chill the ricotta overnight. Allow the kale chips absorb all the liquid inside the ricotta. The creamier the better.
Assembly for vegan lasagna
- Vegan pasta sauce
- Vegan Wonton wrappers (perfect size for single serving cups)
- Kale chip ricotta
- Fresh zucchini, sliced thin (your choice of veggie)
Preheat oven at 375 degree
1st layer: sauce
2nd layer: wrapper
3rd layer: Kale Chip Ricotta
4th layer: zucchini
Repeat until a cup is filled
Bake lasagna for 25 minutes or so.
It is totally easy to make raw vegan lasagna. You can just use thin sliced veggies instead of wrappers. You could dehydrate thin sliced veggies to loosen up-- a similar texture to cooked pasta first before you assemble everything. You can make your own raw sauce by using tomato, red bell pepper, herbs, etc. Dehydrate raw vegan lasagna if you want warmer food.